Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Countdown to Lauren: 9 weeks to go!

Honestly, I love being pregnant! But even more, I love knowing in 9 weeks my baby girl will be here and I can hold her and cuddle her all I want! 9 weeks... wow that's so crazy. Robbie and I took a road trip to Washington this week (many posts on that to come...) I was a little nervous about the ride... 31 weeks pregnant and 15 hours in the car... oh boy. But thank heaven for small miracles: I only had to pee 3 times the whole way there! Quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself! From what I can tell, Lauren feels like she's grown quite a bit lately. She discovered my ribs this week, and I spent what seemed like an entire day trying to push her out of them. But as unpleasant as being kicked in the ribs or kicked in the bladder can be, I still absolutely adore feeling her move.

(Side note: I hear other pregnant women talk about how uncomfortable they are and how being pregnant is "just the worst" and it makes me sad. Sure I get uncomfortable too, I can't sleep half the time because my hips hurt so bad. But Lauren can kick me in the ribs all she wants and I'm never going to complain about feeling her move around. I guess that's what fertility problems will do- make you cherish every little movement that much more. I can't imagine complaining about being pregnant).

Anyway! 9 more weeks. That's single digits now, my friends! School starts in less than a month, and I'm guessing the weeks after that will just fly by. At least I hope they do, I'm so excited to meet this little girl I've shared the last 7 months with.

3 comments:

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

I think your chest size finally caught up to mine :) just kidding. You look adorable. That dress you are wearing is super cute! I can't wait to meet this little girl.

Shayna said...

LOL your boobs and butt caption totally just cracked me up. glad you are enjoying pregnancy, i always loved being pregnant.

Rach Williams said...

Oh brother, you do not have a big butt. However, you do have beautiful big bubbies and take it from your AA flat chested bestie, I'd kill for your big bubbies!!! Hahhaha