Okay so it's been another week already! If every week goes as quickly as this one did, Lauren is going to be here before we know it! I know I mentioned last week how I'm officially feeling like I need to get everything ready for my baby girl's arrival... that feeling has gone into overdrive, especially in the last few days. But rather than call it an all out panic- which is kind of what it feels like- can I just call it nesting? Nesting sounds a little less crazy. Really though, I NEED her room to be absolute perfection. NEED. Even if that means the rest of my house suffers because I have a kitchen/office and a bedroom/where everything else goes to make room for the baby. For some reason I just need HER room to be perfect. I found a spider in her room today and about flipped out. Not because it was a spider. Because that spider DARED entire MY BABY'S room.
And I think every time I cross something off my to-do list, I add something else to it. School starts a week from today, and that list is about to grow extensively. Deep breath.... I will be okay.
Now for what's really most important here... Lauren is just amazing! I had another appointment today. She's growing perfectly. She's head down and likely to stay that way, which obviously makes me quite happy! They're estimating she's somewhere around 5 lbs right now, and if she gains 1/2 a pound a week from here on out, which is average, we're guessing she'll be close to 8 lbs if she's born at 40 weeks.
Other than the crazy, I'm doing well. I wish I could say the swelling in my feet has improved, but I worked a lot this week. When I got home after the third day Robbie was actually afraid of my feet, lol. I don't blame him, pitting edema isn't pretty. And as most of my maternity clothes are no longer fitting (seriously...) I'm pretty much living in either dresses, or Robbie's basketball shorts and t-shirts. And can I just say, as much as I've always loved air conditioning, I looooove air conditioning now. Air conditioning is one of my favorite things ever :)
Oh and I promise next week I'll try to get a picture other than a silly one I've taken of myself in my bathroom mirror, lol.
3 comments:
Loving every blog. Love you all.
Your so funny. I love reading your posts. PS. I want to see a picture of your feet at the end of the day!! I don't care if you think its gross, its part of the whole process right?? Anyway, I'll see you on Monday!!
I love hearing about you, Lauren, and Robbie! Thanks for sharing all of this with us, especially those of us who are far away and can't see you often. You are doing all the things a new mommy does....so no...you are not going crazy, just nesting. Can't wait to hear more. And thanks for the hypnobirthing explanation. You did a great job helping us to understand why you chose it, and how it will work for you! Great! Love you!
Post a Comment