Monday, July 25, 2011

Countdown to Lauren: 10 Weeks to Go

Oh my goodness, I'm 30 weeks pregnant.

30 WEEKS! I realize we've still got 2 1/2 months to go, but I also know those 2 1/2 months are going to go a lot faster than I think they will. Especially when the crazy in me starts thinking, "In 5 weeks I'm going to be 35 weeks... and 2 weeks after that Lauren will be full term. She could totally be here in 7 weeks." Um... deep breath.... wait for the sane side of my brain to take over... The side that says this is my first baby and it is so likely that we'll go past our due date. But 10 more weeks(ish), and we're going to have a BABY in our HOUSE. So excited, kinda scared. I look around our house and think, "Oh dear heaven... this house is no where NEAR baby ready." When it comes to big life changing events, I like to be totally and completely prepared. Obnoxiously prepared. Making list, after list, after list and checking things off kind of prepared. I want her room 100% done. I want all her clothes, and sheets, and whatevers to be washed and folded and in the perfect little spots I've chosen for them (just because it won't stay that way, doesn't mean I can't start off organized right?). I have my "baby needs" list, and I get this feeling of silly satisfaction everytime I cross something off it. It's wonderful :) As long as I don't think about how many things have yet to be crossed off... lol.

Anyway! That's the Crazy Ashlee update. Now for the Lauren update! We are so in love with this girl! I think she's hit a growth spurt lately as I've been both ravenously hungry the past two weeks, and as anyone who has seen me can tell you... the baby bump has definately grown. Her sweet little movements are starting to feel a lot stronger, and are a whole lot more consistant. Every little kick and movement makes me just melt. I love it! I passed my glucose tolerance test (yay!), but seriously failed when they looked at my hematocrit (not too surprising, I've always been a little anemic). So whether Lauren likes it or not, she's getting lots of dark leafy greens since I have to up the iron in my diet (woo hoo for constipation). At least I like spinach salads! :)

Anyway, 10 more weeks, people! 10 weeks and I finally get to meet my daughter. Could NOT be more excited about that!

5 comments:

Mary said...

love your post. and your last pic is hilarious!

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

As always, you look adorable!

Kate & Jordan Van Ausdal said...

OMG ash, I want to rub your belly! SoOOOO cute! When are we having a SHOWER??

Unknown said...

you look so gorgeous! Love you - We NEED to get together before (&after) lauren comes so I can give you your present (not quite done with it yet... but coming along!)

Rach Williams said...

You look gorgeous in that first picture!!!