
Last night Lacie, one of my very best friends, passed away. She was 151/2 years old, and we'd been friends since my 10th birthday. She had been sick over the last few months, and honestly I am so glad she isn't suffering anymore... But that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss her so much. I remember the day I got her, but I can hardly remember what it was like not to have her here. I can't remember a single time growing up when I was sad and she didn't come find me- whether I was in my room, downstairs, or up the street at this big tree I use to go sit under. She had the spunkiest personality- whether that was hiding and jumping at your ankles as you walked by, bringing me home presents (translate: dead animals), pooping on my dad's pillow while he was sleeping on it because he had yelled at her that day, or cuddling up with me while I watched a movie. She was a better friend to me than I probably could have ever been to her, but I certainly tried. I love you, Lacie. And I am going to miss you so, so much.
2 comments:
Ashley, I'm sorry about your cat.
:(
I just barely saw that you had left a comment on my blog. Sorry I hardly check it. Congrats on your pregnancy! That is so exciting!I'm sure you are going to be a great mom! Kids bring such a joy into one's life! Hope all is going well.
So sorry to hear about Lacie I know she meant so much to you. Love you.
Post a Comment