Monday, June 27, 2011

California... and Baby Projects!

So this past week Robbie went to San Francisco on a boys trip with a few of his friends (doesn't sound gay at all, does it? haha!) He had so much fun, but for the record... I HATE having him gone. Hate it. Loathe it. It sucks. I tried to keep myself busy while he was gone with baby shopping and baby projects though, and I actually had a very productive week! So here's a quick recap of our week- him having fun in California, and me stuck here... (no, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? lol)...


One of their first stops was the Jelly Belly factory! To all of the people to whom Robbie promised a bag of Belly Flops, you got em... there are 24 pounds of jelly beans sitting on my coffee table at the moment, lol!

They also spent a day at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, and got some beautiful pictures! Here are a few of my favorites...







Someday he is so taking me to San Francisco because this is absolutely beautiful...



So while he was gone, I did some serious work on some of my baby projects. My biggest project so far, and favorite because it turned out EXACTLY like I wanted, is Lauren's baby blanket. My grandma is an amazing seamstress and was willing to spend HOURS helping her sewing-impaired granddaughter make the perfect blanket... Thank you so much Grandma!





A few of my other smaller projects were picture frames and burp cloths! The picture frames were just plain wooden frames that I decorated, and the burp cloths were white cloth diapers that I tried to make a little less plain!




I am so glad Robbie is home! I'm glad he was able to go and have fun, but everything is better when he's here :) And can I just tell you, every time I see this, I smile...


It's the present Daddy brought home for Lauren. Oh my goodness, I love this man!

2 comments:

Rach Williams said...

Lauren is one lucky girl already!!!! :)

Christopher and Jana said...

seeing the present robbie brought home for lauren made me cry....so cute! and yes...it is sad i cried lol but that is the sweetest he brought it home for her! you guys are going to be great parents! and ashlee i absolutely LOVE the way your blanket turned out!