Sunday, July 10, 2011

Second Trimester

I can't even believe another three months have gone by already. My second trimester has been fantastic, and it feels like it went so much faster than the first (might be because there was no bed rest or weekly blood draws involved, lol). All in all, I've mostly felt great! We had two ultrasounds this trimester, both saying our little one is a GIRL, and not a shy one at that! She moves around like crazy now, and I just absolutely adore it! I love laying on the couch and watching my stomach move completely independently of anything I'm doing. I love when we wake up in the morning and Robbie says, "Lauren kicked me last night," when I was all cuddled up and sleeping next to him. It's so amazing to think how I'm completely asleep, and she's awake as ever- her own independent little person just moving around on her own. I don't just feel kicks and punches anymore, but full on rolls and movements. And I don't know what it is, but I just adore it when Lauren kicks her Daddy. Love that! Feeling her move is by far my absolute favorite part of pregnancy. And we fall in love with this little girl more and more every day. I hope the third trimester goes as quickly and easily as this one did, because I am so excited to meet her.


HIGHLIGHTS!:
Foods I could (but don't necessarily...) eat every day: Pasta Roni Shells and White Cheddar (seriously), Tomato Basil Soup from Zupas, anything all fruit and veggie from Jamba Juice, Carnation Instant Breakfast (the chocolate ones, of course). I don't know that I'd call these cravings, but they just sound delicious ALL the time.
Food CRAVINGS: Kettle Cooked Salt and Vinegar Chips, green beans (french cut, canned green beans SPECIFICALLY), Tomato Basil Soup from Zupas (yes I'm including this twice, it's THAT good).
Food Aversions: Bananas (oh my gosh- one bite and I threw all the bananas in the house out), Root Beer Jelly Bellys (so, so disgusting), oatmeal (which makes me sad because I normally love oatmeal, but really... I've never tasted anything so horrible in my life)

Weight gained: Not sure exactly since my next appointment is this week, but last I checked, 17 lbs.

Pregnancy Symptoms: My hips... oh HELL my hips... there is no position in which they do not hurt; bloody noses; after 12 hours on my feet at work, some mild swelling in my ankles (I have sexy TED hose now, lol; I'm still peeing around the clock, it doesn't take very much to make me cry...

How I Feel Overall: Great! I don't want all those pregnancy symptoms to make it sound like I'm miserable because I'm not! I really do feel good!

Rudest Thing Someone Has Said To Me: Patient: "So when are you due?" Me: "The beginning of October" Patient (looks me up and down first): "Are you sure it's not twins?"

Embaressing Pregnancy Things: I sneezed and peeed myself, lol.

The Best Part of Pregnancy: I just love feeling her move

2 comments:

Mary said...

I can't express how much I loved reading this. You are the best. Thanks for sharing. Lauren will love to read it too!

Rebecca said...

so fun to read how I'm experiencing the same things as you! My hips hurt all the time too, and it really sucks for moving around especially in bed...

Movement is definetely the best part, I love it too! It will be an interesting last semester with these little babies won't it?