32 weeks and everything is right on track! I had another appointment with my midwife, Jen, this week. I seriously adore her. I technically see a group of nurse midwives, but I've scheduled all of my appointments this pregnancy with Jen. Any of them, however, could be on call when I deliver, and they are all wonderful. My glucose test that I had at 28 weeks came back fine. I really don't get why people complain so much about that glucose drink. Sure, it's gross. It gives me a headache. It's like drinking straight sugar. But it's really not the horrible, awful thing some people make it out to be. Anyway! The exciting news is that my hematocrit also came back fine!! Well, low for normal, but fine for pregnancy. I was actually very surprised by that. My iron is almost always low. And the prenatal vitamins I take are iron-less prenatal gummy vitamins because the iron containing vitamins makes me miserably constipated. So I really expected it to be low and to have to increase the iron in my diet. But apparently I'm doing something right, because this time my iron is just fine! Yay! And Zoey is doing wonderfully. Growing and growing. It's so much fun to feel her do somersaults and roll over and all her little kicks and punches. She's pretty quiet most mornings, but by late afternoon and evening she is awake and making her sweet little presence known.
I've done my best to work on my hypnobirthing preparation this week. As important as it is, it's so hard to find the time some days. I'm thinking about Zoey's upcoming birth more and more though, and I am so excited to bring her into the world. 8 more weeks.... I can't wait to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment