Friday, September 13, 2013

Countdown to Zoey: 6 weeks to go!

I can't believe it's been another week already! 34 weeks... we are getting so close! I had another appointment with Jen this week. Zoey is head down (yay baby!) and she and I are measuring great! I'm starting to feel like maybe she's dropped a little bit. My tummy is so low and so far forward I can't close my legs when I sit, and I can actually sit and set my tummy on the chair I'm sitting on. Sexy, huh? Weirdest feeling ever, lol. I'm contracting all the time. All. The. Time. And contractions do occasionally cause a little pressure. Not a lot, but enough to make me think Zoey might be joining us sooner than 6 weeks from now. We shall see! 

My entire pregnancy Lauren has been very interested in my tummy. She points at my tummy and says "Zayaya!" (her name for Zoey) and will give my tummy kisses and hugs. She loves to look at Zoey's ultrasound pictures on my phone. One of her favorite Sesame Street characters is named Zoey and she gets very excited when she sees her on TV or in a coloring book (excited enough that we started to wonder if Lauren thought we were having a baby or a muppet, lol). But this week I started talking to Lauren about how pretty soon our baby Zoey is going to come live with us! Holy excitement, batman. The look on my sweet girl's face when we talk about having a baby sister live with us all the time... she's elated. She's been practicing wrapping babies in blankets and cuddling them. It is just so sweet. I am so excited to introduce them to each other! 

No comments: