Okay so in my last post I warned you that I was going to be doing a lot of pregnancy posts because I don't want to forget a single thing about everything that has happened, and is happening. But since I'm already 14 weeks, I'm going to do a few catch up posts. Hope I'm not too boring!
Finding out I was pregnant was absolutely shocking. Thrilling, but shocking. Mostly because I have PCOS and was on fertility drugs when I got pregnant the first time... but that pregnancy had ended in a miscarriage about 5 weeks before. I wasn't on any medications this time. I honestly didn't thnk I was even able to get pregnant without drugs. And we were still waiting for me to have a few cycles so my body could recooperate. So really, when I say shocked... I mean COMPLETELY shocked. I decided to take a pregnancy test because I was having some similar symptoms to my first pregnancy. But I reallly wasn't expecting anything. When those two lines turned pink (VERY pink this time), my jaw actually dropped. I immediately ran out to the kitchen where Robbie was, but I couldn't even tell him. I couldn't say the words "I'm pregnant." I was still adjusting to the fact that I wasn't pregnant. I just looked at him with what I'm sure was a look of surprise/excitement/fear/confusion, and handed him the stick. I saw him look at it, realize what it meant, and then he looked up at me with that same look of surprise/excitement/fear/confusion. I remember his eyes got HUGE. And I remember he hugged me. But other than that, I just remember hyperventilating. I was so happy, but at the same time I was so scared to be happy. We freaked out together for awhile, and then I drove straight to my parents house. I walked in, said hello, and handed my mom the stick. I still couldn't even say the words "I'm pregnant." My parents were very excited for us, but I think they were just as surprised as I was. I wish we'd been able to tell Robbie's family in person, but we had just gotten home from visiting them and couldn't make another trip yet. I called my midwives' office the next morning and went in to start blood tests and verify that this was a viable pregnancy that day. But thats all for another post.
1 comment:
I love these posts! And I am so happy for you. Oh and give Robbie my number, he seems to have lost it. Love you both.
Post a Comment