So on Wednesday I took the NCLEX. I think terrified is a good word to describe how I felt that morning. Especially since they all but strip search you before you take the test. I had to take off my scarf, they went through all of my pockets AND my hair, and fingerprinted me 8 times. That wasn't a typo. EIGHT. Seriously. And thats not including the fingerprints they took when I finished the test.
Anyway, after I went through all the little tutorial questions where they teach you how to use the computer this little thing comes up that says something to the effect of "You've finished the tutorial. Click Okay to begin NCLEX Examination." Yeah thats when I had to just sit there for a minute and take a few deep breaths and give myself some positive afffirmations (as we call them at the Center). Ashlee, you can do this. Ashlee, you got a 4.0. Ashlee, you know you know what you're doing. Ashlee, stop thinking negatively... deep down you know you can't imagine yourself being the only one in your class to fail this. You are going to be okay, you can do this.
The test was partially what I expected and partially not. I can't give specifics because I signed all this stuff that says I undstand my liscence, should I pass, would be revoked if I did. Anyway... I finished in 85 questions! That's the minimum. So I walked out of there thinking "okay... so I either did great or failed miserably and I have no idea which." I will however, say this... The review books I used were EXTREMELY helpful.
But guess what!! I PASSED! :) I found out on Friday! I just went to the dopl webesite and typed my name in and clicked "nurse." It said my full name, that I am a nurse in active status and that my liscence was issued that day! YAY!!!!! Oh my goodness, I think I almost hyperventilated. I am so excited. I AM A NURSE. Seriously! Me! It's so fun to say that... I am a nurse! whoo hoo!!
Anyway, so now it's on to RN school and getting another job. Wish me luck! Oh dear. Now I'm nervous again.
4 comments:
Wow, Awesome!!! We are so happy for you!!! You have been talking about being a nurse since we met you, way way back then. You have worked so hard, even when you were tired of working so hard. Way to go!!!
Persistance pays off! Way to stick it out and not give up! We're proud of you and have been telling everyone that my daughter in law is a nurse!!
Congrats! Yea!! Super Fantastic!!
YAY ASHLEE! CONGRATS!
CONGRAT!!! I knew you would pass!! You are a very smart gal!! Your officially a nurse!!! I am very proud of you!! Any suggestions for me who is still trying to get as much studying done as possible?
Post a Comment