Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random Update

Well just as an update from my last post, I decided to read The Kite Runner first. I finished it a few days ago. I highly recommend it to anyone who cares not only about well written literature, but current world issues as well. There's some hard stuff in this book- its not one of those happy go lucky stories that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But it's such a meaningful, profound story. It stays with you.

As far as the NCLEX goes, I'm still studying. My test date is coming up, and I'm trying really hard not to psych myself out. So, in the spirit of trying not to psych myself out, I'm going to stop thinking about it now and move on to something else.

Robbie is currently studying worms in his Bio class. It's kinda fun to see him paranoid about the same things I'm paranoid about, lol. He's afraid he's getting some kind of worm or parasite every time he eats anything. It's so funny. He comes home with all kinds of fun statistics- like how 1 in 3 children in developed countries like the United States have pinworm. Lovely. And if your child gets something yummy like that, you're getting it too so enjoy. If that doesn't make you just want to start making babies I don't know what does. haha, Yeah freaking right. Thats so gross. It's kinda fun though because this is all stuff I've studied before, so I know what he's talking about for once. I like that, even if it is about worms, lol.

Well anyway, not much else to say! I'm at work and super tired so I thought I'd write another random, pointless post to keep me awake. Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

Shayna said...

hey ash, just read your blog about books and whatnot. i read 'the reader' (you know, the movie with kate winslet)
HOLY CRAP, it is a must read. i got so into it i read it in an afternoon and loved it. it is heartbreaking and eye-opening. read it if you can.
oh, and borders.com has a used marketplace, i got the reader for 3 bucks!

Denise said...

Ashlee, I enjoy reading your blog! You always have something interesting to say! I miss ya! You will do awesome on the nclex! You are very smart! I'm waiting to get my ATT still and I have been trying to get some studying in with feeding and changing diapers :) Call me some time to so we can get to together and chat.