Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thank you, President Obama!

Today when I heard President Obama say there will be a cap on the salaries of executives whose companies receive government bailout money, I actually wanted to applaud or hug someone or something. CEO's using tax payers money to give themselves and their top executives big bonuses (when they already make millions of dollars annually) while they lay off thousands of people? Do they have no morals at all? Ugh. Thats just truly disgusting. I'm so glad President Obama isn't going to tolerate their crap. President Obama, thank you so much for having morals and for sticking to them. It's very refreshing. And today he also re-signed SCHIP, with the new additions to it! Isn't that wonderful!? I keep hearing people say, "Well, we'll see if he does what he said he would do." He's already done several of the things he said he would do- It's been an awesome couple of weeks.

And while I'm on a political rant... I think Dick Cheney really is well, a dick (sorry- I know it's not very original and quite inappropriate, but if the term ever described someone, it describes him) The things that man has said in the last few days are outrageous and I wish he would just go away. Honestly... defending the atrocities of Guantanamo and the awfulness of the Patriot Act today... please Mr. Cheney, just go away. It was, however, a very clear reminder of why I was so happy to see the end of the Bush-Cheney administration (as if I wanted reminding.) *dry heave*

Well, I have a feeling the people who read my blog (most of them at least) don't appreciate my political rants, so I'll stop there.

1 comment:

Shayna said...

i was glad to hear the news on the salary cap as well!!!