This morning I sat in front of my TV with tears in my eyes as I watched President Barack Obama take the oath of office and become the President of the United States of America. What a wonderful, historic moment. I just feel like celebrating. I wish I was in D.C. and could attend the parties and celebrations there. Robbie and I celebrated at home though, which was still fun :)
I thought President Obama's speech was fantastic. I love how even though President Bush was right behind him he didn't hesitate to reinforce how there will be a clean break from the Bush administration. "We reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals." If I wasn't already teary when he said that I would have been then.
I am no where near Washington D.C. But following that beautiful inauguration ceremony, it just felt like things were already different. There is a man in the white house who will not tolerate or allow torture to be conducted or human rights violated in the name of America. A man who truly understands the Constitution and will not allow it to be forgotten because we're afraid of terrorists. A man who reminds us why we should be proud to be an American.
I don't really know what to say. I'm just so happy right now :)
1 comment:
I just wanted to tell you that your page is sooooo cute! LOVE IT! (and you too)
Post a Comment