So I'm sitting here at work flipping through random websites and looking at nothing in particular when I start thinking about this coming Tuesday. Is anyone else super excited for the 20th? I've been counting down since January 1st. Bush is leaving office in four days. FOUR DAYS. And we will finally be able to say PRESIDENT OBAMA! Oh my gosh, I am so excited. The list of reasons why I am elated to see Bush leave is long (very, very long), but in an effort to concentrate on the positive, here's a few reasons why I'm excited for the incoming Obama administration...
I'm excited to have faith in the competency of our President! That's like a breath of fresh air isn't it? No more, "Oh gosh, did he really just say that? I hope the rest of the world didn't hear that."
I'm excited because Obama has an excellent understanding of the Constitution and I trust him to uphold it- something, dare I say, that I feel has been lacking in the last 8 years...
I'm excited because I don't think Obama has the same "us versus them" mentality that Bush does. It's not all about good (us) versus evil (them). We need to work WITH the rest of world toward solving some pretty serious problems, and I feel like Obama knows that.
I'm excited about things to come. Obama has already started talking about closing Guantanamo- something that couldn't happen soon enough. I know it's complicated and will take time, but he's starting the process.... ah, change, it's good to see you.
I'm excited because I trust Obama to talk to us (the American people) about what the heck is going on. He already has been. Rather than relying on fear tactics to get support.
Anyway, I wanted so much to throw an inauguration party. That would have been awesome. Our apartment is just too little though... sad day. oh well, it's still going to be awesome. And whatever we decide to do, Robbie and I are going to celebrate :) I hope you get to celebrate too. There is, after all, much to be excited about!
No comments:
Post a Comment