Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My friend Merla passed away yesterday. She was one of my absolute favorite patients before I quit my other job last spring. After that, since she was no longer my patient, she was my friend. She had a long battle with Parkinson's- which in my opinion she fought bravely. I always felt like she is very much what I hope to be like when I'm older- super sweet and tender-hearted, but a strong woman who knows that she deserves the best in life, and won't accept anything less. It was a privilege to have known her, and I will miss her. She's on to better things though, and for that I am so happy for her.

3 comments:

Rach Williams said...

I was wondering about Courtyard peoples the other day. I feel bad that I haven't kept up with Fracis, but I have no desire to ever step foot in that building again. I am happy for Merla also, she is in such a happier place! love ya.

Mary said...

Sorry you lost your friend, she was blessed to have you in her life. You truly care for her. love you.

Unknown said...

i love merla and i am going to miss her so much. i'm so happy that she no longer has to struggle everday with her parkinsons