Hello, my love! Another month has flown by and you are now four months old. I love things about every baby stage, but I have to say I LOVE the stage you're in right now. You are so loving, sweet, and happy! Your beautiful little personality is already so strong. You have very clear likes and dislikes and favorite things. You're so happy just to talk to me or play with your toes. And I can still soak up hours and hours of precious Zoey cuddles. Love. This. Stage!
Sleeping: I want to do some kind of celebratory dance! You sleep, on average, 10-12 hours every night. Occasionally you wake up once during the night for a bottle and cuddles, but that's the exception. And then you're right back to sleep. I think we're going to start transitioning you out of the sleeper you've been in and probably into bed with me and Daddy soon. You sleep great in it, but you're growing so quickly and I know the day is fast approaching that you'll have outgrown it.
Playing: You love to play! You LOVE toys! You love playing in your little baby exersaucer and you really do play with the toys on it. You also love to play on your baby play mat with the toys that go overhead. Your blue elephant is still #1 though! I love how your whole face lights up when you see it. It goes with us everywhere because goodness does it make you happy.
Learning and Growing: You amaze me, little bug! You're ALMOST sitting up on your own. You can do it if you're just holding on to my finger with one hand. If I let go you stay upright for a few seconds before tipping over in any direction. You've been rolling over for awhile now, and don't quite hate tummy time as much as you used to. You LOVE to talk and we can just sit there and talk to each other forever. As far as growing, you have a doctor appointment next week and we'll see just how big you've gotten!
Favorites: Your favorite person in the whole world is Lauren! You love it when she talks to you or when you play together. You both seem so excited that you're starting to do more things together now. You took a bath together the other day and you and Lauren both loved it. And we've started having family story time before bedtime lately. You and Lauren both get ready for bed, and then you both lay down in Lauren's bed and Daddy and I each read you a story. It's so sweet to watch you hold hands and lay next to each other while we read. It's my very favorite part of the day. We've had days where all you want is to watch Lauren be silly and she loves to entertain you. You watch her and giggle and laugh and it makes my heart so happy. And on those days, boy are you mad when Lauren takes a nap, lol. Another favorite of yours is still the Baby Bjorn baby carrier. You get to be close to me and go everywhere I go and you love it :) We took your first trip to the park the other day (the weather was nice and we just HAD to get out of the house!) I kept you in the baby carrier and you loved it!
Teething: Teething is rough. I know there's no avoiding it and it's something every baby has to go through, but it sucks and I feel so bad. We give you tylenol if we can tell you're hurting. Teething toys or chewing on your hands or toes seems to help quite a bit though too :) Still no teeth, but when you chomp down on my hand I can feel how hard your gums are so I know we're getting closer!
I love you so much, Zoey. You are so wonderful! It is such a blessing to be your mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment