Friday, October 4, 2013

TWO YEARS OLD

Dear Lauren,

Oh baby, time is just moving so quickly. You're two years old, my love! And I swear you grow up and want to be just a little more independent every day. You have such a strong little will and a beautifully independent heart. You make Daddy and I proud of you every single day. You make our lives so much better, just by being your sweet little self. I love you, baby! I can't record everything (as much as I wish I could), but here's a little about you right now:


Sleeping: You love to sleep! You have a very solid naptime and bedtime routine, and as long as that routine is followed, you sleep wonderfully. Naptime and bedtime start with a bottle of milk and cuddles from Mommy or Daddy, along with a show on Netflix, Teddy, and blankie. Teddy and blankie must be present or you are off to find them. When you're finished with your bottle and cuddles, you're off to your room where we turn on Bedtime Bug, your ladybug nightlight (it's kind of like a stuffed animal, and throws stars all over your ceiling in the color of your choice. Your favorite: blue)! We give you kisses and hugs, you blow us kisses back and then wave to us as we walk out. Within minutes we can hear you playing with your toys, which you do until you fall asleep. When you wake up you generally play and talk to your stuffed animals and babies for a little while, then knock on your bedroom door and say "Mama!" or "Dada!" when you're ready to come out. You love your Lauren Time :)


Communication: Your communicate both in sign and verbally now. There are still a lot of signs you prefer to use over words. Your most common words are definitely "Mama" and "Dada," with "mmMMa!" (grandma) and "Papa" probably next. Most of the time you can get your point across with a combination of signs and words. Your newest word is "GOSH!" You heard me say "Oh my gosh!" when I was frustrated one day, and now ever since you've been repeating it. It's adorable. You also love to watch Mythbusters with Daddy and say "BOOM!" when there are explosions. You may not be talking in sentences yet, but your doctor isn't worried at all. He says you're so healthy and intelligent and your communication scores are actually so good despite you're smaller verbal vocabulary, that you'll talk when you want to.  

Favorites: You are very opinionated my love! Here are some of your favorite things!
Color: Blue
Stuffed Animal: Teddy
Most Important Thing: Teddy and your pink blankie 
Food: Macaroni and cheese
TV show: Sesame Street, Mythbusters, Major League Baseball games 
Movie: Winnie the Pooh or Finding Nemo (depends on the day) 
Animal: Kitties (you love all animals, but kitties are probably #1) 
Song: Roar by Katy Perry, Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson, One More Night by Maroon 5, Three Little Birds by Bob Marley, and Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys (you have a playlist you love, and get very upset if we listen to something other than one of these)
Activity: Dancing, going down the slide at the park 
Toy: Legos, blocks, dress up shoes, babies and stuffed animals (that's a hard one, you have a lot of things you love to play with) 
Game: Hide and Seek 
Restaurant: Chili's 
Drink: Chocolate milk


I love you so much, Lauren. Everything about you! I love your fearless, independent spirit and how you have such strong opinions about things. I love how, to you, everything is funny. I love how the other day you high-fived and fist bumped the cashier at Target because she gave you a sticker. I love how excited you are to be a big sister. I love watching you cuddle with your daddy while you watch baseball together. I love how you love music and dancing and want to watch Katy Perry music videos all day so you can see her blue hair and dance with her. You're amazing, baby girl. I love you so much. I feel so lucky and so blessed to be your mom.


No comments: