Thursday, October 10, 2013

Countdown to Zoey: 2 weeks to go!

Yes I took this at work. Don't judge me.
At least I took one! 
I always feel a little weird when I write how many weeks to go we have. Every time, I wonder if it's true. Do we really have two weeks to go until Zoey is here? Is it more than that? Less? Oh please let it be less! We're 38 weeks now! Not going to lie, I'm starting to get a little impatient. I just want her here! I want to hold her and cuddle her and sing to her. I've loved being pregnant, but I'm ready for this next part. But speaking of how far along Zoey and I are....

I had an appointment this week. It was the second appointment where when they mentioned exactly how far along I am in weeks and days, I was a little confused- so I asked this time. Apparently the ultrasound tech at my 6 week ultrasound told me incorrectly. My due date is NOT October 20. Never has been, I guess. It's October 17. I know that isn't that big of a difference, but it does mean I am officially due next week, and not a week from Sunday like I was thinking. I opted not to have a cervical check again. If I'm still at a one it's only going to make me mad or disappointed, and if I'm more than that, well I guess we'll find out when I go into labor! Jen asked me if there's a point at which I'd like to be induced.... absolutely NOT. Just hearing the word induction kind of freaked me out. I don't even want to talk about it. She said she won't let me go past 42 weeks though. If we get to that point I'm not really going to have a choice anymore. So we talked about maybe stripping my membranes at 40 or 41 weeks.... sigh. I really, really want to have an intervention free birth like I did with Lauren. Starting with stripping my membranes is already an intervention I don't want. But I suppose if the choice is that or getting pitocin at 42 weeks? I'd rather have my membranes stripped. I just want to get Zoey here safely and quickly, and I truly feel that the best way to do that is to just leave everything alone and let it happen on its own. 

On a totally different topic... my toes are ready! I guess it's my thing... labor is not glamorous, and I know there's always the possibility I won't have shaved my legs or washed my hair or whatever ahead of time...  so I need something cute. My toes! I got my toes painted just like I did right before I had Lauren! Here's a pic... I'm quite excited about them :) Lauren was pretty excited too, so we did hers as well! Her toes are adorable, if I do say so myself! 

Lauren toes!! 

Mommy toes! 

1 comment:

Patti said...

Love those toes! So cute!