| Why yes, it's another public bathroom picture, this time from my midwives office. I know, I know, classy, yes? Seriously wouldn't have happened otherwise this week, though. |
I decided at my appointment with Jen yesterday to have her check me. I'm 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. YES! I am so excited about that! I talked to Jen about how badly I do NOT want to be induced, especially with pitocin. I will seriously do anything to avoid pitocin. So because of that we're going to strip my membranes tomorrow. Of course I'm calling her first thing in the morning and as long as she doesn't have anyone in labor, that's the plan. I asked her how likely she thinks it is to be effective, and she says it depends on how ready my cervix is and how low Zoey is. So I am doing A LOT of walking, hoping that will help me dilate just enough for this to work and put me into labor tomorrow!
I also mentioned to Jen how Zoey hasn't been moving around quite as much the last few days as she normally does. Movement is still just as strong, just not as often. I was kind of thinking it was because she's so squished and just doesn't have the space anymore. But Jen said she should still be moving just as much as she always has. So we did a non-stress test. I laid in a comfy recliner and listened to Zoey's beautiful heart for about 15 minutes. Then they came in and said while her baseline was great, it looked like she was sleeping and they needed to see some more variation. So I drank some juice and it got a little better, but not quite what they were looking for. So they put this vibrator thing on my stomach and really woke her up. That worked :) Lots of variability and Zoey started moving around a little more, which was exactly what they wanted.
So the plan is to strip my membranes tomorrow and hope it puts me into labor. It could start contractions, it might cause my water to break, or it could do a whole lot of nothing. If it doesn't work and I don't go into labor this week, I have another non-stress test and an ultrasound next week, along with my regular appointment. So... positive going into labor thoughts! I am so hopeful that this will work and we'll be holding our sweet Zoey soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment