You are three months old today, my love! It's amazing how quickly the last 3 months have gone, and at the same time how i can hardly remember my life before you. You're growing and changing every day. And you have such a strong and vibrant personality. I feel like you teach us something about you every day, and I am loving every minute of it. So at three months old, here is what you're up to:
Learning and playing: it is so wonderful to watch you discover your world. For several weeks now your favorite game is to have mommy or daddy kiss your cheeks. You smile and giggle every time. And then if we say "can I have kisses?" you'll open your darling little baby mouth and give us slobbery little kisses on our cheeks. You just amaze me, Lauren. You are so smart! You already can associate the word "kisses" with actual kisses. You've also started playing with toys! You are absolutely delighted when daddy or I shake a toy in front of you, and occasionally will hold onto it and shake it yourself. Your very favorite toy right now is a pink giraffe attached to a little mini blanket. Your whole face lights up and you get the biggest smile when you see it. You'll hold onto it with both hands and chew on whatever part is closest to your little mouth. Your other favorite thing at the moment is the Christmas tree. It makes you so happy we've started calling it Lauren's Tree :)
Feeding: we've all but said goodbye to nursing. You just don't want to. You can latch just fine now, but much prefer a bottle. Although you're much happier with a bottle of breast milk than formula. I've learned to accept that this is your choice and to respect it :)
Sleeping: there are days when I think we are making enormous progress on your learning to sleep on your own, and other days where I don't think we've progressed at all. About half the time you will sleep in your bassinet next to me at night, and the other half the time you want to sleep on my chest and no where else. You're my little cuddle bug :) even when i lay you down in the middle of your bassinet, its not long before you've scooted yourself over and are cuddled up next to the side of it. Naps are a different story though. You're not a fan of being set down to nap.. You'll nap on your own maybe 25% of the time... But when you do, boy do you wake up mad at me.
I love you so much, sweet girl.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment