Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm done!! .... I think....

I am officially done with school! As in, forever. I turned in my last assignment today. Finals are done. I'm 99.9% sure there isn't anything else I have to do. I am officially and FINALLY graduating from college (for good this time). So... How do I feel about the awesomeness that is this accomplishment? Meh. The dominant feeling is that I'm still bitter that my maternity leave was tainted with the heinousness that is your final semester of nursing school. That, mixed in with a whole lot of unbelief that I really am truly done. But here I am, Ashlee, RN, BSN. So in regards to school, what am I most proud of?
1. I had a baby in the middle of the semester and I'm still graduating! Pretty sure that makes me super woman.
2. I'm an RN. I really could care less about the BSN part. My licencse is a much bigger deal!
3. Um.... Repeat number 1 again.

So... Now that I'm supposedly smarter and a "better nurse" and whatnot, what did I learn in getting my bachelors degree?
1. Grades don't matter, graduating does.
2. I have absolutely no desire to ever do anything that having a BSN allows you to do. Like management. Bleh.
3. I really am truly happy with where I am in my career. Maybe someday I will specialize and be a psychiatric registered nurse. But that day won't come for a long, long time. But I know for sure I won't go to grad school.

Seriously though... After 21 years of school, I. AM. DONE.

*deep breath*

1 comment:

Julie Simrock said...

Congrats! You are super woman. I am so proud of you and really excited for you that you are really done and can enjoy being a mommy now, without outside homework. A little one give you plenty.
Love you! Way to go!
Julie