Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Countdown to Lauren: 4 weeks to go!

It has been such a crazy week! Time is seriously flying. On the down side, school started. Bleh. On the upside, I am soooo close to having the nursery finished. I've been holding off taking pictures until it's completely done. It's been an 8 month ongoing project, and I love how it's turning out. I can't wait to be able to say it's finished! Hopefully a post on that will be coming in the next few days!

I had another appointment today! So weird to think we're at weekly appointments now. Everything is going wonderfully! My midwives gave me their on call schedule, at least for the rest of September, so I know who to call when I go into labor. Now I also know what day I WANT to go into labor, lol. Lauren and I will be having a few talks about that over the next few weeks, haha. It's so exciting and kinda weird to think this little girl I've been talking to and feeling move around in my belly is going to be here in just a few short weeks! Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.

And I just want to put this out there... why is it that people think basic social etiquette does not apply in pregnancy? For example, you would never comment on a nonpregnant stranger's stomach as you're walking into the grocery store. But I've learned recently that if you're pregnant, people can say anything they want to you and it's apparently okay. Such as:
-Wow, you look like you're about to pop.
-Oh my goodness, you look like you're going to have that baby any second now.
-When are you due? Oh no... you look way farther along than that.
-Are you sure it's not twins?
-When are you due? Oh you'll have that baby long before then. You can tell she's already dropped.

LISTEN LADY! I THINK I KNOW WHEN MY OWN DUE DATE IS! AND YES I'M SURE ITS NOT TWINS! How rude! And by the way, that food baby you're carrying around is way the heck bigger than my actual baby! ah!

*sigh* Okay, now that I've got that out there I can smile and nod and say thanks next time some stranger at WinCo wants to tell me how huge I am. lol. (And for the record, don't worry... I don't think I'm fat. I love my baby bump!)

3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

I got really annoyed with the comments like that too.

Mary said...

Love you!

Julie Simrock said...

You go girl! And yes, apparently any comments seem to be given when you are pregnant. It is one of life's mysteries of why people do that. Right along with thinking they can touch your belly any time they want too. We love you and can't wait to meet Lauren soon!