Thursday, January 7, 2010

UPDATE!

I honestly thought I would have time to update the blog during Christmas break. I didn't realize that after school ended I would actually get busier. Here's a quick recap of what we've been up to the last little while:

I have nothing to say about the end of last semester except that it's over and Robbie and I are both tremendously happy to be done with it. Overall they were not enjoyable classes for either of us.
We're hoping this semester will be better. Robbie has a very full load with organic chemistry, physics II, biotechnology, and labs for each of them. Two of my classes this semester are repeats as the school wouldn't accept some of my transfer credits. So I have OB and Peds again (plus clinicals). Whatever. At least I like those. And then I'm taking Complex Disorders (what a lot of other schools call Advanced Med-Surg, for anyone who cares). This is where I do ICU, ER, and all of that stuff. I'm SO excited to be learning something new! Definately overwhelmed, but excited. And then I have American Civilizations. Seriously. I passed the AP US History exam as a junior in high school, thus recieving college credit for this class. But the school lost my results, and when I resubmitted them last semester, they were expired. So I get to take a freshman history class. So not excited about that. Oh well, at least its online.

Christmas: Christmas was wonderful! We were home and with my family for Christmas day, which was so fun. I refused, again, to give up my favorite Christmas tradition this year, getting new PJ's on Christmas Eve. It's something only the kids usually do, and since I'm all old and married and stuff, I'm not a kid anymore (whatever, lol). Robbie didn't have a choice. haha. Shortly after Christmas we were able to go to Idaho to see Robbie's family. I'm so glad we were able to spend a few days with them! I had made this goal to take more pictures while we were there, and when I got home I had 43! 41of which were of our adorable niece Haylee. lol. And I have had WAY too much fun spoiling her! I made her a blanket and a gazillion big flower headbands, which she is super cute in. Seriously... So. Much. Fun. To. Spoil.



New Years: Totally sucked. I worked. And it was one of those shifts that make you wish you could quit your job. Robbie had fun playing games and stuff with a bunch of our friends though! :)

Well, not much to say other than that. Life is about to get crazy.

3 comments:

Shayna said...

nice update! sometimes i am so jealous of the classes you get to take, like OB even tho I know they are probably stressful and time consuming :)
and sucks you had to work new years :(

Rach Williams said...

Ash. I miss you. I am sorry that this is the first time I am getting back to you since you and Joy's phone call yesterday, but I literally lay in my bed all day long and wait for something to happen to me. I can sum my pregnancy up in about four words... "Sick, BIG OOOPSIES, tired." Hahah. I keep looking at cute pics of your niece and it makes it more worth it. She is darling. I hope you know that I love you even though I am MIA so much. I am 11 weeks today (have I already told you what an OOPSIES this kid is, hehe??) so in about a week you and I are playing!!! I love your guts. Let me know if ever I can help you out in your soon-to-be crazy life. LOOOVE you!!!

Christopher and Jana said...

hahaha! i love that that many pictures were of haylee! she is pretty cute lol it was so great to see you guys! wish we could more often!!!