Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life Flight

Yesterday for clinical we went to the Life Flight hanger. It was so fun! We toured the hanger and they talked to us about what they do and what it takes to be a Life Flight nurse. I didn't realize they go into all the surrounding states and even across the country sometimes- way cool. I've decided that being a Life Flight nurse sounds like it is about the coolest and most exciting job ever, but it's not for me. Those people know their stuff though- you'd have to if you were puting in chest tubes and intubating people and running a little mini-ICU in the sky. Or on the sidewalk, or wherever they happen to be. Crazy. They have such an important job- I'm glad there are people who have the guts to do it. As for me, I'm still thinking I'll be just fine in community or hospital nursing :) I took some pictures, however they are on my cell phone and as technologically challenged as I am, I have no idea how to get them onto the computer- sorry!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's so fun! i would like to find out more about life flight nursing, it sounds like a lot of work even though i think it'd be exciting :) at least we have another year to decide what we want to be

Mary said...

you're amazing! I'm so grateful for people like you that can handle all this medical stuff. What a week!

Patti said...

Wow, that sounds like it was an amazing day! We are proud of you... I know school is hard, but you will be so glad you stuck with it!