Tuesday, September 4, 2012

11 Months

Dear Lauren,

You're eleven months old, baby! If it weren't for how quickly you're growing and all the grown up things you're doing, I wouldn't believe it! This is all just happening a little too fast for your Mama. Your have such a vibrant and fun personality. You always have, but in this last month or so your personality has really come out as you've taught us a little more about who you are. And I am in awe of you, baby.

Learning and playing: Your gross motor skills have just completely blown us away. You've been walking for months now. Now you're running everywhere, and occassionally walking/running backwards too. You love to be upside down, and often will try to bend and twist out of our arms to accomplish this. I've even found you with your head, hands, and feet on the ground- trying to push off  as if you're wanting to do some sort of somersault! You also love to dance, and if music come on and someone else starts to dance, you'll dance too by bending your knees and bouncing up and down :) You've wanted to be naked since the day you were born, and verbally and physically protest all diapers and clothing. The thing is that now you're strong enough to make your protests extremely difficult for Mommy and Daddy.  I literally chase you around the house while getting you dressed, lol. And just a few days ago your discovered that you are able to remove your own diaper. Your desire to be naked has one new exception, however. You always want something on your head. Headbands, hats, pooh bears, blankets, books, whatever. You want it on your head. Like so...



You bring me your headbands to put on you, you love wearing either my, yours, or even Daddy's Mariners hats, and you try to walk around with blankets on your head- an awesome tripping hazard. Even as I'm writing this, I'm sitting on the floor with the iPad and watching you play- and you just came over to me, grabbed my hair, and tried to put it on your head, lol. Your communication skills have really advanced this past month. Not so much in words but in other ways. I have no doubt you understand a lot of what we say to you, because you'll either listen and do exactly what I ask you to, or laugh and do the exact opposite. You'll shake your head no, you've started shaking your head yes (inconsistantly) and you're signing "all done" when you're finished with something. I can even ask you "Lauren, where's your nose?" and you'll point to  your nose! Your favorite things are people, waving, dancing, clapping, giving high fives,  and making messes.

Eating: we are all about finger foods these days! And with a few exceptions,  you eat whatever we eat! Your favorites are scrambled eggs, cheese, pasta, mangos, green beans, and quesadillas.  Although lets be honest... you wear and throw more food than you eat these days.

Teething: You've been working so hard on getting teeth in, and it hasn't been fun for you at all :( You have four teeth now! Your two middle bottom teeth and two middle top teeth!

Sleeping: Not a whole lot has changed in the last month when it comes to sleeping. You sleep either
in your crib or our bed with us, depending on the night. We haven't really done anything to change this, because honestly, it works for us and you, Daddy and I are all happy with it right now :) You sleep about 12 hours every night! Occasionally you wake up once for a bottle- usually if you're in your crib.

I have to tell you little love, I have loved every single stage of your first year. The one you're in right now is so much fun. You have such a fun personality. You are so curious and adventurous and emotional and loving. Watching you discover new things is so much fun.  I love you tremendously, baby girl!

No comments: