Sunday, April 22, 2012

7 Month Update

Dear Lauren,

What is it about 7 months old that seems so grown up to me? Your father and I look at you and just can't believe how much and how quickly you change. You've always been right on track, if not ahead, but you've grown so much developmentally this past month. It makes you seem so grown up!

Awesome Stuff You're Doing: Baby girl, YOU CAN CRAWL! As of today, I am officially saying you can crawl! You've been going in circles for weeks, and have been able to crawl backwards for quite awhile too. But today you actually INTENTIONALLY crawled forward! I don't think you realize you did it which is hilarious, but I'm so proud of you! You have so many toys that you love and often can't decide what to play with, so I'll find you with a toy in your mouth and another toy in your hands. Your new favorites are anything that isn't a "toy" such as- the lids to my plastic containers, pulling your clothes out of your dresser, your hairbrush, your headbands, etc. And while you're not saying any words yet, you love to talk. So far you mostly just say "babababababababa!" and it is adorable. You love your voice and have figured out how to crescendo into an ultrasonic scream. Happy or mad, there have been days where you scream ALL day.

Eating: You've tried several different foods now and love them all! You've had bananas, sweet potatoes, avocados,  apples, rice cereal, and green beans. You LOVE green beans! And you really love playing with your food or the containers or utensils. We go through a minimum of two spoons with every meal... one for you to hold and play with, the other for me to help you eat with. If we don't use this system more food gets on you than in you; you grab the spoon before I can get it to your mouth and attempt to put it in your mouth yourself. You're successful, but in a very messy way, lol.



Sleeping: I've decided to follow your lead when it comes to sleeping. Our bedtime routine is still going strong and I'm loving every minute of it. Most nights I can lay you down in your crib and you'll sleep for at least a few hours or all night, but sometimes I get the feeling before I set you down that you're just not wanting the crib tonight, and sure enough you wake right up and won't go back to sleep until you're cuddled in my arms in the rocking chair. Those are the nights I bring you back into bed with me and Daddy, which I'm completely okay with. You're still sleeping at least 8 hours at night. Sometimes you don't get up all night, and other nights you get up a few times... I think those are the nights your teeth are hurting you.

Teething: Well Little Love, still no teeth yet. But the teething hasn't given you much of a rest. It's been 4 months now of teething and I hurt for you! I got you some teethers made out of natural materials- no plastic and no toxins- and honestly they seem to help more than anything else. Sophie, your giraffe, is made out of rubber and she's your favorite teether. (No, I didn't name your giraffe- she came with that name, lol). Your gums are super hard though, it hurts now when you chomp down on my finger (or shoulder, or hand, etc, lol), so hopefully for  your sake some of them will come in soon!

Nicknames: You've had so many nicknames since you were born based on what you were doing at the time. The one that has stuck since your birth is Little Love. Others right now may need a little explanation. They are Little Goose and Baby Turtle. You're hilarious, and I started calling you a silly goose. Somehow it got combined with Little Love, and now you're Little Goose, lol. Baby Turtle comes from this thing you do. Because you don't realize you can crawl yet, sometimes you won't do it. You'll lay on your stomach and put all of your limbs in the air and rock back and forth like you're stuck- which is just ridiculous. You are perfectly capable of sitting up from whatever position you're in. It's like a baby turtle that got flipped over onto it's shell and can't flip back over. And you let out this "Ahh! Ahh! Ahh! Ahh!" noise at the same time. So when you do it we call you Baby Turtle and remind you that you can roll back over, lol. That, or in this case take a picture of you:

Baby Turtle 

Lauren, I love you so much. You make Daddy and I so happy. As much as I'd love for time to slow down, I'm having so much fun watching you grow. I love you, Little Love! 


No comments: