Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Polynesian Cultural Center

Okay continuing with the Hawaii posts... sorry this is taking me so long. I really have been working a lot though.

The Polynesian Cultural Center was so fun. It was an all day event, ending with a luau and an awesome night show. Honestly, I hope I was Polynesian in another life. From the food to the dancing and just how LAID BACK everything is in Hawaii- I just absolutely loved it!

This picture is of a Samoan guy climbing a palm tree- which was actually pretty fun to watch.


In the afternoon there was this almost like, parade kind of thing on the water. The countries represented at the Polynesian Cultural Center are Hawaii, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand, Tahiti, and Fiji. Each country had their own float with dancers and it really was very cool. These pictures are of the Hawaiian dancers (in blue) and Tahitian dancers (in yellow).




The luau was really quite fabulous. I tried sushi for the first time... because I thought it was pico de gallo... but surprisingly I really liked it, lol.


Waiting for the night show to start


Dancers in the night show


Fire dancers at the night show... pictures do NOT do justice to this- they were awesome!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I am jealous.