Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Waikiki

Waikiki, with Diamond Head in the distance (I know hiking Diamond Head is like, the thing to do in Oahu... but as I am in no way interested in climbing 100 stairs to get there, we did not.)

Visiting downtown Waikiki was a lot of fun. I say VISITING because we were there just enough to know its fun to visit, but we'd never want to stay there for a whole trip. There are some fabulous restraunts and some fun places to go shopping, but there are just soooo many people there (if I didn't know it already, I for sure know now that I am not a big-city girl). The International District was fun, I got a fake tatoo that said "Beauty" in Japanese... it was supposed to last for 2 weeks but ended up being more like 2 days. I think the International District is where most people buy there souveniers (its where Robbie got his ukelele), but we actually bought most of ours at the Aloha Swap Meet in Honolulu where they have a lot of the same stuff for much cheaper! I love a good deal :)



1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you were able to go, and that you had such a good time. One day I'll get my turn. just a little jealous.