Saturday, November 15, 2008

What I've Been Thinking About

Okay so I haven't been blogging much lately- mostly because school is crazy and I'm way tired, and partly because everything I can think of to blog about has to do with politics. Talking about politics seems to make people mad, and in my effort to not do so, I just decided not to blog. But here I am again, trying very hard to stay awake at work... anyway, here's a few things I've been thinking about lately:

1. Nothing sucks the joy out of nursing quite like nursing school does. This next week is the week I've been dreading all semester- an exam, a quiz, 2 research papers due, another assignment thingy due, 24 hours of clinicals, finishing up a test that will predict how I will do on my boards.... *deep breath*...bring it on, I don't like sleeping anyway :)

2. My Absent Minded Professor (aka Robbie). lol. My wonderful husband, who's so intelligent it's really quite unfair, locked his keys in his car WITH THE CAR RUNNING twice this week. LOL. Seriously!! I wish I had a picture of the police breaking into his car for us the first time, or the look on his face when I came to bail him out the second time at the school. haha. Sorry for telling everyone via the blog my love, but you have to admit it was the highlight of our week (I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard!). lol. But while his paying-attention and common sense skills seemed to be lacking a bit this week, he got a 93% on a test where the class average was a 45%....I love him and his crazy smartness... :) His teacher even put his essay answers online for the rest of the class to learn from him. I'm so proud of my love :)

3. Okay there, I just told you two things I've been thinking about that are unrelated to politics. NOW. Prop 8 absolutely disgusts me. And I hope the rumor that Barack Obama might be asking Hilary Clinton to be Secretary of State is true.

4. This is somewhat related to #1, but I have a rotation in the NICU this Wednesday!! This is the area of nursing that made me want to be a nurse in the first place. This is exactly where I would LOVE to work. Maybe thats why I'm terrified.

5. Robbie took me shopping this week! For shoes! :) Yeah, he's amazing. I got these super sexy way high heels that are black, white, and this pewter/silver color. I love them.

6. Twilight the movie comes out next week. I am way too excited about that!

7. I'm trying really hard not to mention anything else political.

3 comments:

Shayna said...

I am always jealous of your schooling even though I know it must be hard. Ever since I was little I've wanted to be a nurse in L&D. I think it would be the best job for me.
And I'm hoping for Clinton too!

Mary said...

I loved it when Robbie called his dad about a hypothetical question about locking his keys in the car...so funny. But, I can't say I've never done it. We'll keep praying for you...extra this week, for all the craziness.

Unknown said...

twice! he locked them in the car with it running again. That is funny. Well, at least now it is. At the moment I'm sure it was frustrating. Good luck this week. I know you'll do great!