Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Love My Sister!

FUNNY STORY! So my sister Emily's 15th birthday was a couple weeks ago! and I was so excited about the present I got her! I made her a shirt that says "Team Edward" on it(from Twilight, of course) and it turned out way cute. What's funny is that as she was opening her present, she could tell it was a shirt, but not what was on it.... and she looks up and says "IS THIS AN OBAMA SHIRT?" lol. Apparently I talk about the awesomeness that is Barack Obama a lot lately. Anyway, I didn't want to dissapoint her because CLEARLY she was expecting an Obama shirt, so the next time I saw her I brought her one! lol. So this is a picture of my beautiful little sister and me wearing our Obama shirts. I know this is my absolutely favorite shirt, I'm sure it's hers too ;)

May I just say that I am SUPER excited for the election? I'm embaressed at what's happened to our country in the last four years; it's time for change. We NEED it. I think anyone who is informed knows that. And it gives me hope to know that finally, change is coming. As someone in healthcare, I see people without health insurance and therefore without the quality of care they NEED all the time. So often people CAN'T get life-saving treatments and medications because they aren't insured. If a person can be cured, they should be! I work at a treatment center for girls with life-threatening eating disorders. I've lost track of the number of very sick girls who have had to leave treatment early because their insurance has suddenly stopped paying for it. The fact that that happens is outrageous. Sometimes hospitals will just eat the bill- but that's bad for the hospital, which is bad for employee salaries, which is bad for the economy in several ways. Still, I'm glad they do it, but they shouldn't have to. Health care in America is screwed up, and I want a president who is at least going to try to fix it, and in a good way!! Don't get me started on all the ways John McCain's health care proposals will screw the healthcare system up even more. I'm sorry, I'm just sick of watching patient's die because they can't afford insurance. The fact that this even happens in America is disgusting. Universal healthcare would be a GOOD thing- I don't understand why so many conservatives are afraid of it. Anyway. Obama's plan for health care is just one of the reasons I am voting for him.

Okay so I got off on a tangent. But if you know me you're probably surprised I haven't mentioned my political opinions before now, lol. and if you disagree with me, thats okay. This is MY blog ;) have a great day everybody!

1 comment:

Rach Williams said...

What a funny post. I am laughing my head off. Now I can sleep better after my Ashlee induced laugh.