Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Week Back to School

So this past week was my first week back to school, whoo hoo. It already feels like sleeping for more than two or three hours at a time is a distant memory. It's the end of week 1 and I'm already exhausted: not a good sign. Other than being tired though, it was a pretty good week! Let's see, this semester is Med/Surg, OB, Peds (all of which have a weekly clinical at the hospital to go along with them), and Pharmacology. Speaking of clinicals, 12 hour shifts aren't as hard as I thought they would be. And guess what I did on Thursday... I yanked about 20 staples out of this woman's abdomen! It was pretty cool. And I've officially decided that giving shots is fun. I'm starting to think it might be cool to work at an immunization clinic or something. And then today, okay I guess it would be yesterday now... I was at the children's hospital where I had a rotation in the infant unit. I LOVED it! I've always wanted to be a NICU nurse, and now after my day there I still think I would like doing that!
But anyway, the countdown is on! Four months and they'll unleash me on the world... not sure if thats a good idea yet or not! haha

No comments: