Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Six Months Old!

Happy 1/2 birthday, Zoey! You're 6 months old! Seriously, where did the last six months go? This is just crazy how fast you're growing up! You are the sweetest, happiest, cuddliest baby ever and I adore every second of being your mommy!


Sleeping: We're working on it, and no two nights are ever the same. Sometimes you'll wake up only once, other times you're up at least once an hour. I know why you're waking up so often, but that doesn't help with finding a solution to help you sleep in the slightest.... you wake up because you are extremely mobile! You move around in your sleep a LOT. Sometimes rolling over wakes you up and scares you (like on nights when you're up once or twice an hour), other nights I listen to you roll around in your crib for a couple of minutes before you get upset- these are the times I generally find you stuck in a corner of your crib.  Napping doesn't usually happen because you like it at least kind of quiet and dark while you sleep, and as hard as I try it's kind of impossible to keep our house quiet during the day. Lauren wakes you up every time. I suppose you get her back every morning when you wake her up as well, lol. But you will sleep wonderfully in the car, so occasionally I purposefully plan errands and car trips for right when I know you'll be tired so that you can get your nap!

Lauren wanted to help and handed you your bowl of oatmeal.
OATMEAL. EVERYWHERE. 
Eating: You've started eating solid foods! You're still a little undecided I think about how you feel about that. You have one solid food every day, and you always eat while we have dinner together. You love that part! You love getting to sit in your high chair and eat like everybody else does! You don't always love what you're eating, at least so far. The very first thing you had was bananas, and you were not a fan. Then was oatmeal + bananas, and you didn't seem to hate that as much. Apples you're a little indifferent to so far. And while you still didn't seem very excited about it, I suppose we could say your "favorite" so far has been sweet potatoes!


Teething: Thankfully your little teeth seem to have given you a break for a moment. The drooling and discomfort seems to have backed way off the last couple of weeks. Still no teeth yet!

Learning, Growing, Playing: Oh my goodness! You are one advanced little girl! Even a week ago I was calling you "unintentionally mobile" in that you roll all over the place, you just aren't doing it to get anywhere intentionally. That is no longer true. You put several rolls together today to get to Daddy. You roll all over the place in your bed and seem to love to be on your tummy now because you can push yourself up on your hands and look around. You can sit up for as long as you want to, and even go from a sitting up to a laying down on your tummy position without difficulty. There was one night you had been sleeping and we heard you get fussy after much rolling, and found you sitting up in your crib! So although we haven't seen it happen and have no idea how you did it, we know you can get yourself to a sitting position all on your own! So grown up! Your favorite toys are ones that light up or make loud noises when you shake them.

Random things: You are my little Mama's Girl and I love it sooooooo much!




No comments: