Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Seven Months

Zoey,

I never understood how quickly time goes until I became a mother. You change every day! I love everything you've been, and every new thing I learn about you. It's just so hard to believe how much can change in such a short time. You're seven months old now, baby! Here is a little bit about wonderful, 7 month old you: 

Learning, Growing, Playing: Um, oh my goodness are you mobile. Not just mobile, but FAST. You army crawl all over the house. You'll be playing on the floor in the living room, I'll turn around for a second, turn back, and you're down the hall crawling into another room.  You can easily get onto your hands and knees (or hands and feet occassionally), and crawl a few inches that way, but the army crawl is so much faster so you usually opt for that instead. Your fine motor skills are improving daily, which means I'm vaccuuming about ten times a day because you're trying to pick up teeny tiny little specks on the carpet and eat them. You're constantly exploring and I love seeing this little adventurous side of you coming out. Sitting up is not even a big thing for you anymore, you're on to trying to stand! You can pull yourself to a kneeling position using the slats of your crib or someones leg or the  couch or something. And when holding someone's hands you'll even take several steps!! 

Eating: You're starting to (kinda) like food (I think)! You don't make faces at me anymore and you even smile while you're eating sometimes! Faves so far are definitely avocados! You don't hate bananas anymore and you'll tolerate oatmeal, apples, and sweet potatos! 

Communication: You've said your first word!!! Your first word was Dada! And yes, you really meant Dada and it was not just babbling. When Daddy walks in the room you're suddenly, "Dada! Dada! Dada!" You did say Mama a few times a couple weeks ago too, but you haven't said it again yet so I'm not sure if it counts yet, lol. We've started signing to you, and I think you're starting to associate the sign "more" with its meaning. So proud of you, my love! 

Likes and Dislikes: You love cuddling, toys, exploring the house, and being outside. You do NOT love having things taken away from you. Sometimes your sister takes your toy or Daddy and I have to take away something you found during your exploration of the house, and oh my goodness do you get mad. 

Sleeping: Still a work in progress. I have hope that things are improving a little. Daddy and I FINALLY figured out you prefer complete and total silence while you're sleeping. We always had some kind of white noise or soft music playing, and you were waking up hourly some nights. I would try singing to your or humming and shhhhing and none of it ever worked. Finally we realized, you just want it to be quiet :) You still get up about 2 times every night, but it's better than it was! I love rocking you to sleep at night. Cuddling with my Zoey is one of my very favorite things. There have been a few nights though that you have been such a grown up girl and fallen asleep in your crib on your own!  

I love you, Zoey Bug!! 


No comments: