Dear Zoey,
You're 5 months old, little love! I know I sound like a broken record, but you're growing and changing so quickly, it's hard to believe sometimes. Some of the things you're doing are quite honestly amazing. I love watching your personality come out more and more as you grow into yourself. You're starting to discover yourself and your world and it is so much fun to see. I love every moment of being your mom!
Sleeping: You are still a wonderful little sleeper, sleeping 10-12 hours every night. Just this past weekend you started sleeping in your crib! You had been sleeping in this little sleeper next to our bed, but you've outgrown that so we made the big move to the crib! I initially had planned to have you sleep in bed with me and Daddy, but honestly you seem to sleep better on your own, my little independent girl. Even sleeping in my arms you get a little fussy and want more space after a little while. Your first night in your crib was shocking to me. Daddy laid you down and you slept for the next 10 hours. You didn't seem to have any concerns about the adjustment at all. Since that night, however, you've been trying to get used to all the space and I think you're still a little uncomfortable with it. I've watched you sleep and you'll start to wake up just a little and suddenly throw your little arms out to the side and get so upset. I think you're just not feeling completely secure with it yet. I immediately pick you up and you instantly calm down and fall right back to sleep. I think sometimes you just need to know that we're there. Once you do, you sleep great!
Teething: I'm sorry sweetheart. I know teething is hard. You're still working on that first tooth. No teeth yet, but I can tell from all your baby drool and how much you chew on your hands, toes, toys, etc, that they are definitely on their way!
Favorites: Lauren continues to be your favorite person in the world, and you're her favorite person too! You love to play together. She'll grab your hands and you'll "dance" together and you both love it so much. I love how happy you make each other. Favorite toys are still your blue elephant, your teddy bear, your TOES, and pretty much anything else you can chew on.
I love you so much, Zoey!
No comments:
Post a Comment