Sunday, April 21, 2013
Um... Really?
Finding out I was pregnant was wonderful, and to be honest, a little terrifying. Similar to before my pregnancy with Lauren, I had recently had a miscarriage, so I was mostly feeling scared to hope. But there it was, that second line on the pee stick. I just stood there and stared at it. It was so faint. Every faint positive I'd had had been a miscarriage, so I was just scared that was the direction this was going. Lauren was sleeping and Robbie was in his office. I took the stick to Robbie and probably said something like, "Um, look." (I swear every time I find out I'm pregnant, my brain takes a break and I'm just speechless, lol). I remember him standing up and giving me a big hug and us both just being shocked into silence. Then I went to the medicine cabinet and pulled out my bottle of progesterone and took one. We learned with my last miscarriage that it was caused by too little progesterone (essentially no progestrone, actually) so I decided to take one and hope that this little one would stay with us! I went to my midwives office the next morning and had my first of many blood tests. My progesterone was right in the normal range thanks to that wonderful little miracle pill, and by the second blood test we knew my HcG was rising as it should and that this was a healthy pregnancy! At that point Robbie and I were able to take our first deep breath. At our request, we had an early ultrasound scheduled for when we guessed I'd be 7-ish weeks, and to ease my mind I kept taking pregnancy tests nearly every day. It felt so good to watch that second little line get darker and darker, and finally believe that our second baby was actually on the way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment