Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Trimester

People don't believe me when I say this, but I love being pregnant! At 14 weeks I can officially say my first trimester is over (yay!!) and that it went by so quickly. I feel amazing. Here are some highlights!

6 weeks 3 days, baby's first picture! 
At what turned out to be 6 weeks 3 days, I had my first glimpse of this little one. We scheduled the ultrasound for a few reasons. First, my periods are super screwy and we really didn't have a good due date. Second, and my biggest reason... I was scared and I needed to know things were okay. Emily came with me to the ultrasound because Robbie had a class he couldn't miss. Seeing our baby and hearing that beautiful little heartbeat was just amazing. It was a wonderful moment and made my heart so happy :) 

At 12 weeks Robbie and I heard our baby's heartbeat with the doppler. It's a big appointment for us. Because of one past experience, this appointment is, um, not easy. I can't really relax and accept that everything is okay until it's over, even when all evidence says everything is going beautifully. Our little one's heart rate was perfect and Jen found it immediately.  I had the biggest smile on my face leaving her office that day. We're having a BABY! We're really having a baby! 

Highlights:
Foods I couldn't get enough of: filet mignon with a house salad and mashed potatoes from Texas Roadhouse (yes, it was that specific), ice chai tea latte's, steak fries from Red Robin (this baby knows what it likes! lol) 
Foods I couldn't stand: yogurt. bleh. 
How much weight I gained: 1 lb. 
When I started showing: 8 weeks- at least that's when my clothes stopped fitting! lol 
Pregnancy symptoms: Tired. Make that exhausted. Or fatigued. So, so tired. Hungry! Mild nausea for about a week- nothing ginger ale and a snack couldn't take care of! Crazy, vivid dreams. And unfortunately, constipation is from hell. 
How I'm feeling now: Wonderful!! Tired, but relieved and so excited! 

No comments: