Tuesday, March 20, 2012

6 Month Update

Dear Lauren,

I'm sure by now I sound like a broken record, but you are growing and changing so FAST! You're having so much fun with all the new things you can do, but this is happening way too fast for Mama! When you fall asleep in my arms I just want to hold you and cuddle you and cherish the moment for as long as I can, because I know some day I am going to miss this stage of your life so much.

Stats: Weight: 16.03 lbs Length: 24.25 inches :)

Sleeping: You and I have established a wonderful bedtime routine that we both love! Bath time, then lotion and get dressed in jammies, then Daddy makes a bottle while you and I get cozy in the rocking chair and read a story. Right not we're reading Itsy Bitsy Spider every night. You adore this book and I have it memorized now, so I can keep reading while you have fun turning the pages and chewing on the cover. When we're done reading we turn the lights out and turn on some music and cuddle while you drink your bottle and fall asleep in my arms. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. And you usually sleep at least 8-10 hours! You're not sleeping in your swing anymore. A few weeks ago you rolled out of your swing, and that was it (I was at work and Daddy is the one who came in to you crying on the floor- thankfully you weren't hurt- you stopped crying as soon as you saw him- but you sure scared your Daddy Little Love). No more swing. You sleep either in your sleeper next to our bed, or in bed with us. You are such a little cuddle bug, I just love it!

Eating: You're eating solids now!! We started solids just a couple days before you turned 6 months old. I was going to wait another week until your Dr appointment, butyou have your first cold right now and all the yuck in your nose is making it hard for you to comfortably drink a bottle. So far you looooove bananas, and aren't sure what you think about sweet potatoes.

Awesome stuff you're doing: You are still this close to crawling! And while before you mostly played with toys while laying on the floor, now you play while sitting up or STANDING! If I set you up you can stand while holding onto something. Your favorite toys consist of a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, a snail that lights up and plays music when you bump it, and a set of plastic balls that you love to push around. But it's the simple things you love most- the tags on stuffed animals or a washcloth make you so happy. You've lost interest in your bath toys recently and just want to suck on the washcloth. You have your own washcloth for this purpose during bath time or you get MAD. Last night we even had to bring the washcloth with us while you got ready for bed because you let out the most heart breaking cry when I took it away as you got out of the bath. You love to yell to hear your own voice, laugh, and talk in your adorable baby babble!

Your favorite things: Your voice, your toes and fingers, when someone kisses your belly (so much giggling, it's so cute!), Daddy's light saber, bananas, being naked, mommy's hair, cuddling, flowers (we took you to a bridal flower exhibit while visiting Grandma and Papa- I think this is where you got your cold. But you were so happy and so interested in everything you saw, it was so sweet), and the computer (I've let you type a few times, and it seemed like it just made your day).

Mama's favorite things about you: your sweet baby kisses, the way you turn your head into my neck and lay your head down and laugh when you think something is funny, how you're already developing your sense of humor (the peeing on me and you thinking it was hilarious incident...), how happy you are when you wake up in bed with us, how sometimes all you want is to cuddle with me, how excited you are when you discover something new.Baby Love, I could go on and on, I love every single thing about you!

Daddy's favorite things about you: the way your face lights up and the big grin when you see me, when you fall asleep on me and how when you're happy you stick out your tongue.



Happy half birthday, Lauren!!

No comments: