
Dear Lauren,
If life had a pause button that you could hit so that you could spend as much time as you wanted soaking up the moment, I would so use it right now. You're growing and changing so fast. Watching you grow and discover your world makes me happier than anything. And discovering new things is something you've been doing a lot of lately. Here's a little bit about wonderful, 5 month old you!
Learning and playing: you've been discovering and learning so many new things lately, mostly about your little self! You've discovered your toes, and they are by far your very favorite toys. When you're laying on your back your feet are either in your hands or in your mouth. Like so...
It's definitely made diaper changes a little difficult, lol. Especially when combined with the wiggles! You love to move, and I really do think crawling is just around the corner! Right now you move around mostly by rolling over. Daddy or I will set you down, and a few minutes later you're at least a couple feet away from where you were! And guess what else you're doing! You are officially sitting up all by yourself!! You're such a big girl! :) You're also learning about all the fun noises you can make, and when daddy or I show you new noises you can make you get super giggly and happy. The other thing you're learning more about are faces. Faces are one of your favorites right now too. You love to grab noses or ears or mouths... Or eyes (ouch).and right now I'm happy I have any hair left at all... I'm pulling clumps of my hair out of your hands all day, lol.
Eating: Oh sweet girl. You're not loving your bottle anymore. If daddy or I are eating something and we try to, heaven forbid, give you a bottle... You get MAD. You're reaching for our plates and start licking your lips! So cute! I know your doctor says absolutely no solid food until 6 months old, and you don't seem overtly hungry to me... But I think we may start introducing solids in the next couple weeks anyway. You just clearly would rather eat food than drink a bottle :) I love you, Miss Opinionated!
Oh an one more thing that I have to add because it is just SO adorable... anytime you're super grumpy or your teeth are hurting you, we turn out the lights and Daddy gets out his LIGHT SABER, and you are in AWE. When I say in awe I mena you are utterly silent, mouth open, and darling little hands outstretched trying to reach the pretty red light. Seriously baby, I adore you. Every single thing about you!
No comments:
Post a Comment