Monday, November 28, 2011

2 months, 10 days

Dear Lauren,

You had your 2 month check up today! I cannot believe you are 2 months old already. The last 10 weeks have by far been the most wonderful of my life. You are everything to me and your daddy, sweet girl. We love getting to know you and watching you grow every day. I feel so privileged and so blessed to be your mother. But speaking of growing! Sometimes I think I can literally see you changing before my eyes. Here are your 2 month stats: 10 lbs 8 oz (30tth percentile), 21.25 in long (6th percentile), head circumference 15.5 in (56th percentile). Your doctor is so happy about the weight you've gained! You've nearly doubled your birth weight! :) and while you're a little short ( I love it!), you've grown 4.25 inches since you were born!

At 2 months old, you know exactly what you want and exactly what you don't. You love bath time! I think it's your favorite part of the day, which makes it my favorite part of the day too. And if possible, I think you may love your lotion and baby massage after bath time even more. You smile and laugh all the time. Nothing makes
Daddy and I happier than seeing you happy. You've recently discovered our TV and I think you may actually adorei it. You love to lay on the floor or ssit on our laps and watch/talk to the TV. It's adorable!you also love your mobile and it's so sweet how you reach for it. You still love being naked and would probably prefer to spend all day that way. And if it wasn't November and cold, I would totally let you- it just makes you so happy! your daddy is one of your favorite things in the world. You get upset when he's been at work all day, and super happy when he comes home. Your eyes will follow him wherever he goes!

What you don't like is waiting for a bottle. Or getting dressed. Or, as of today, shots. If I could have gotten the shots for you today, I would have in a heartbeat. Nothing breaks my heart like knowing you are hurting. That's an understatement. It shatters my heart into tiny little pieces. I know you need them though. It's good for you in the long run. And as your mother it's my jobt to take care of you and give you what you need. But when what you need causes you pain.... It's so hard.

Right now you're asleep in my arms and I absolutely love it (yes I am typing with one hand, lol). I've wanted to hold you for so long. Having you here is truly my greatest blessing. I love you more than absolutely anything. You are wonderful!

Sweet dreams, Little Love! I love you!
Love,
Mom

No comments: