Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update

School this semester is going to be.... different. It feels strange being in nursing school and not learning any actual nursing skills anymore. My classes include Nursing Theory, Nursing Research, Health Systems and Policy, and Community Nursing. I will say that I think I am really going to enjoy my Community class. It's going to be a lot of work, but its the kind of nursing I like, so I'm excited! My other classes feel generally useless, although if I look really hard I guess I can see their value. Health Systems and Policy is another way of saying Politics As It Relates to Healthcare. Debates, debates, debates. Lovely. We've had 2 classes and I swear if I hear the term Obamacare one more time I'm going to just scream.
Robbie went back to school this semester as well, and so far he seems to be enjoying it :) He's taking Conservation Biology, Ecology, and Cell Biology. I'm so glad he's liking his classes again. He really hated his semester of O-Chem, and I think that semester off in the fall was a good idea. He's such a smarty pants. I love it when he comes home excited about whatever they were talking about in class that day. Biology is definately the right major for him.

1 comment:

Rach Williams said...

You have a birthday coming up and I insist on bringing birthday cake to you. I love and miss you. Let me know when me and Ash can bring you some Happy Happy Birthday cake. LOVE you!!