Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just an Update

So I've had several shifts at my new job now as a nurse. To put it simply, I love it!! It's the scariest and most challenging thing I've ever done in my entire life, but 90% of the time I'm there I'm thinking "I love my job!" The other 10% I'm thinking "Oh dear... this is absolutely horrible. I have no idea what I'm doing and I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life. Why couldn't I have decided to be an English major? Or just SOMETHING that doesn't have THIS much responsibility" Pretty much I'm still terrified. But basically for the most part I am really enjoying it. I'm learning so much!
Just as an interesting little story, I got floated to the psych unit the other night. On my way there I really wasn't that nervous. I've been working with psych patients for over a year, just in a different location. So I wasn't too worried about it. Which is good, because it was nothing to be worried about. It was, however, completely crazy- for lack of a better word, lol. I saw some patients with some diagnoses I had only read about in textbooks. Which can only describe something as well as words allow. In all reality, there are no words to describe paranoid schizophrenia. So I'm not going to try. I've never seen anything like it though.

No comments: