Thursday, May 7, 2009

Affordable Healthcare for Everyone? That's Just Silly.



Love it, love it, love it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If it were only that simple!

Robbie and Ashlee said...

It may not be simple, but that doesn't mean it can't be done and it doesn't mean its a bad idea :)

Unknown said...

I agree Healthcare for everyone is a good thing and I hope they are able to get it. I also hope they take thier time to do it right. My concern is that they will make some move to fix it "in the next 100 days" and my kids (you) will pay for it for years to come. I don't think a government run program is the way to go. I do believe government needs to have a hand in it though, but if Medicare and Medicaid are any indication of how they run a medical program it should frighten a lot of people. Financially, Medicare and Medicaid still are not sound.

The idea to have health care for everyone is a good one. It is how it get's done that concerns me.

Robbie and Ashlee said...

I agree! Medicare and Medicaid have way too many problems. And I'll be the first to admit that you know way more about health insurance than I do! I still would like to see the government ensure that every one of its citizens has access to healthcare though. Personally, I would have no problem paying higher taxes if I KNEW that no matter what happened to us medically, we would have no problem paying for it financially. Right now we HAVE insurance, but if something big or even semi-big were to happen, it would ruin us. That happens to people who have insurance every day, and it shouldn't.

Anyway, I know it'll be a mess getting there because it is such a complicated issue. I have hope that it won't be one of those "in the next 100 days" issues because now that the first 100 days have passed people don't seem to be talking about it as much. And I have faith that Obama isn't the "I don't care what it is, we just need a plan" kind of President. It's not about just having a plan, but having the right plan that will work. I think he knows that. It's one of the reasons I like him so much :)