Sunday, April 12, 2009

DINOSAURS!

On Friday Robbie and I went to the Museum of Ancient Life with a few of our friends. It was so fun! The musuem starts off with all these really old fossils of bugs and plants and wood and stuff. They even have fossilized lightning which I thought was pretty cool. As you go through the museum, it's set up in chronological order. It's really cool to see how different species evolved. They even have a section of various species that existed after the dinosaurs were extinct- like the Mammoth and Magladon and Sabertooth Tiger. It was awesome. I think my favorite dinosaur was the Brachiosaurus (aka Little Foot from Land Before Time!). They had the whole Brachiosaurus put together and then they have a single Brachiosaurus vertebra that was about as tall as I am. It was crazy. Robbie liked the T. rex and the Utahraptor, which were both pretty cool too.
Anyway! We definately recommend going! It was really interesting, and a ton of fun!
Here's some pictures we thought were cool :)

T. rex


Brachiosaurus and a Supersaurus


I can't remember what this was


Or this one



Stegasaurus


Utahraptor


Dinosaur eggs- I can't remember which species


Smileadon (aka Sabertooth Tiger)


Mammoth- What was funny about this exhibit was the human skeletons they had posed throwing spears at the Mammoth. One of the human skeletons was posed on the ground underneath the Mammoth, about to be stepped on. If that isn't natural selection, I don't know what is. lol.


Like this


Baby mammoth

Sorry, I know there were probably a lot of spelling errors in this.

1 comment:

Mary said...

This looks very interesting. Would love to go if I ever get a visit long enough.