I can't believe it's been another month, Little Love! I feel like soooo much has changed this month too. You're suddenly morphing into this little toddler and it's so fun, and so exhausting, to watch.
Learning and playing: Baby girl, you are walking EVERYWHERE. You prefer to walk rather than crawl now and you're even trying to run! Grandpa Jim says you look like a little drunken sailor when you're walking. It's so cute, baby! Again this month your favorite toys have not changed- Winnie the Pooh is #1. You adore Winnie! But by far your very favorite thing to do is just to make messes. You love to pull your drawers out and then pull every piece of clothing/headbands/burp cloths/blankets/toys/etc out and toss them around your room. You also love to open cupboards in the kitchen and pull out lids, pots and pans, etc. Your favorite games are "Where's Lauren?" (we toss a cloth or blanket over your head and say "Where's Lauren?" then you take it off and we say "There she is!" You love it!), and "I'm Gonna Get You!" (I say "I'm gonna get you," and you take off as fast as you can in the opposite direction while I chase you. So many baby giggles, I love it!) You love to wave hello and goodbye, and you love to give high-fives.
Evidence of the aforementioned messes.
Additional evidence...
Eating: We started finger foods in the last couple of weeks and you LOVE it! You've never been a picky eater- so far you have loved all veggies, fruits, and cereals you've had. That is, until I gave you cheerios. You LOVE cheerios. You now prefer cheerios to everything. You'll eat other things too, as long as I give you cheerios with it. Silly girl!
Teething: Teething sucks. I'm so sorry baby. I think you're working on one of your top middle teeth at the moment. And you are not happy about it. Thank heaven for cold teethers, Sophie the Giraffe, and baby ibuprofen. I wish you didn't have to hurt, baby. I'm so sorry.
Sleeping: Oh dear. I'm not entirely sure where to start. Apparently the Lauren that I put to bed half the week and the Lauren Daddy puts to bed half the week are completely different girls. When I'm at work and it's just you and Daddy, I hear your night goes something like this: You get tired around 7-8 pm. Daddy gets you a bottle, and the two of you cuddle until you peacefully fall asleep in his arms about 15 minutes later. You sleep straight through the night until I get home from work, when you wake up with lots of energy and are ready to play! When I'm at home, our night goes something like this: you get tired around 7-8 pm. I get you a bottle, and we cuddle. When you finish your bottle, you FREAK OUT. I try rocking you, cuddling you, singing to you, walking, bouncing, watching TV, listening to music, letting you play in your crib... but after several hours of this, I finally give up and hand you to Daddy. You're then asleep in about 15 minutes. Nothing I do helps you fall asleep. You just want your Daddy. And then you wake up over and over again all night long. Eventually I bring you into bed with us, and you immediately crawl over to Daddy and cuddle up next to him. It's so sweet that you want him so much, but if you could start sleeping through the night again like you have for the last however many months when I'm home too, I would appreciate it :)
Happy 10 months sweet girl! I love you madly!
No comments:
Post a Comment